It’s almost that time of year again: School Time! While I do admit I love going back to school, I must say I’m dreading this year solely because it will be my last first day of school EVER (Shoutout to all my fellow college seniors! Whoop whoop!) With the school year, rapidly approaching, I thought I’d share some of my back to school must-haves for new and returning college students. There’s just something about brand new books, clean notebooks, and brand new pens that just fills me with so much excitement for the upcoming year!
So, without further ado, here are my essentials for the upcoming school year:
- Simulateously cute and durable backpack or tote bag (or both!)- In my case, three days of the week I only have one class during which I’ll most-likely be using my Michael Kors tote, however, I am on campus all day for the other two days which means I’ll have a lot more to carry around. I bought this particular backpack from PB Teen my freshman year so it has held up extremely well compared to those I’ve used in the past.
- Agenda– If you’re constantly on the go and are balancing school, work, and extracurricular activities, you definitely need to keep your everyday activities on-track with a planner. My personal favorite is Lilly Pulitzer‘s jumbo agenda which I purchased for this year in the print Red Right Turn; not only does it allow a large space for recording daily tasks, but it provides a fun travel list section, as well as colorful patterns.
- Durable Water Bottle– For obvious reasons, it’s important to stay hydrated during long lectures. I depend on my Camelbak Eddy to not leak nor crack while toting it from class to dance during my busy days.
- Pencil Case/School Supplies– As aforementioned, I love school supplies, especially of the cute variety. I carry my necessary supplies around in an adorable cream and gold polka dot Kate Spade pencil case purchased at Paper Source. A few of my preferred supplies includes Sharpie fine-point pens, Bic velocity pencils, Sharpie highlighters (in multiple colors), and post-it notes.
- Notebooks or a Reliable Laptop– While I am a huge fan of modern technology, I prefer to take my notes with the old-fashioned pen and paper. I’ve discovered through trial and error that I am more susceptible to remembering my notes if I hand-write them.
While these are just a few of my many essentials, I hope this gives you an idea of items that will help you survive your next school year. Best of luck to everyone returning to school!