As I reflect on the past year, I realize what all I have to be grateful for. This past year has been quite the roller coaster ride for me, but I wouldn’t be the person I am today with out those trials, successes, anxieties and everything in-between.
- My Parents// First and foremost I owe my parents the world. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without their constant encouragement, love, and support in everything I undertake. You guys inspire me to work harder everyday and be the best version of myself. I can’t thank you enough for the sacrifices you have made for the boys and I. Every minute spent with you both is a reminder of how loved I am, and how honored I am to be your daughter.
- My Brothers// Owen and Ethan, thank you for bringing intense laughter and an unusual sense of humor to everyday occurrences. I’m so lucky that we share such a strong sibling bond that I know will never falter regardless of the circumstances. Thank you also, for not being born female because we all know I don’t share so I don’t think that we would be as tight as we are.
- My Extended Family// Although this year has been plagued with a slew of health issues, I’m so thankful that we all managed to band together through the tough times, and allowed our faith to be bigger than our fears.
- Ryan// My rock, my love, thank you for pushing me to believe in myself when I was at my lowest, and for always loving me unconditionally. Everyday, we grow stronger together and I cannot wait to see how we flourish as a couple. The miles between us seem so small when you care about someone so immensely. I truly am the luckiest woman in the world.
- Kelsey// Although we don’t see each other as much as we used to or would like to, whenever we are together, it’s like nothing ever changed. Thank you for the memories, laughs, not judging me (especially freshman year when I thought I was losing my mind & in my rebellious stage), the list goes on and on, but, above all, thank you for 16 years of friendship and many more to come. I’m so proud of you for kicking major ass in the nursing program; you’re going to be an absolutely amazing nurse!
- My Sorority Sisters// Where to being? Thank you for inspiring me everyday. Thank you for giving me confidence and leadership skills that will last a lifetime. Thank you for giving me sisters I never had. Thank you for life-long friendships and memories. A thousand thanks to Eugenia, Ella, Sophronia, Octavia, Elizabeth, and Mary for courageously starting an amazing legacy that will live on forever.
- Vitality Dance Team// Thank you for a second chance at doing what I love, and giving me such a fabulous team of women with such immense drive and passion. I don’t really know what I’m going to do after graduation without dance in my life, but I definitely will never stop doing what I love.
While I could go on and on about how much my life has been impacted, I’ll save that for a later date. These are just a few of the major things that have aided me in my growth this past year in spectacular ways.
What are you thankful for this year?