Happy New Year!
Every year I share my goals for the year with my readers as a means of holding myself accountable (see last year’s goals here). At least once a month, I take a look back at the post to remind myself of my priorities and altar my strategy to reach my goals, if need be.
As you continue reading, you might notice that a lot of the goals are the same as last year’s. Why, you ask? The answer is quite simple – last year I failed to hold myself accountable or give myself the ability to measure my goals. Reflection on the pure laziness I exhibited last year lit a fire in me to be so much better than I was last year. So, here are my measurable, attainable goals for 2018:
- Work towards my goal of being fluent in another language by utilizing Duolingo at least 3 times a week – I used this app before my trip to Italy and it helped immensely. This time around, I will be using it to freshen up on my French!
- Explore a new place once a month – either local or out of town
- Be mindful of what I’m putting into my body, and log it daily
- Go AT LEAST an hour without technology a day
- Continue my education either through grad school or online courses
- Workout at least 5 times a week – I just started the Body Love app by Anna Victoria and, surprisingly, I actually love it! I’ve mentioned before that I loathe working out, but this time around, I’m actually looking forward to my workout for the day which is a HUGE improvement. I will be giving updates throughout my new fitness journey on my social media channels which are linked in the sidebar if you do not follow me already!
What are your goals for 2018? If we have similar goals, what are you doing to reach them?