Better late than never, right?
Let’s face it, this past year has been… rough to say the least. Especially now, nearly a year after the pandemic has turned our world upside down, I think it’s safe to say that we’re all feeling the effects in one way or another. Despite the tumultuous times, I had so much to be thankful for: an engagement, a new house, a puppy, and a new sister-in-law, are just a few of the big life moments 2020 brought me.
Looking ahead in 2021, I have so much to be excited for with wedding planning in full swing, and starting a new job. When thinking about the goals I wanted to set for myself as we moved into the new year, I wanted to be gentle with myself and set attainable goals without becoming overwhelmed by several large goals on top of everything I want/need to accomplish this year. While wedding planning and prioritizing for the year ahead has predominately taken up my time (hence, the late blog post), I’m looking forward to holding myself accountable, and sharing my health journey and wedding planning stories, tips, & tricks on here this year!
Goals for 2021
- Get my gut health in check — I’ve had stomach issues since I was 21, and am really working on taking the proper supplements and eating healthier to heal my gut this year.
- Workout 3-5 days a week
- Practice mindfulness daily
- Make my mental health a priority
- Read 50 books — this is a little less than I usually go for my reading goal, but with so much going on this year, I’m cutting myself some slack.
- Drink more water
- Create a better morning routine
- I will control what I can control.
- I accept myself as enough.
What are some goals you set for the new year, and how are they going?