With summer being (unfortunately) half-over, I’ve been reflecting a lot on my summer wardrobe. While, I admit, I do miss my sweaters, I’m not ready to pack away my sandals and sundresses. A lot of the clothing I own can be mixed and matched and worn during all four seasons; As a Michigander, this is pretty important as so we need to be prepared to experience all four in the same week. So, without further ado, these are some of my summer fashion staples:
Sunhat (I prefer mine with a monogram) such as this one from Marley Lilly. I love my freckles, but I’m fully aware of the damage the sun can do. A big sunhat (or baseball cap like this) helps keep your face out of the sun no matter what the outdoor occasion!
My obsession with over-sized sunglasses like these by Kate Spade from Nordstrom began with the dawn of The Hills. Lauren Conrad immediately became, and still is today, my favorite fashion icon. Luckily for me, these fit my face shape perfectly enough that I do not look like a bug when I wear them.
Wedges/cute sandals that go with just about every outfit are a huge staple in my closet. My personal favorite are my gold Jack Rogers; they aren’t the comfiest shoes, but they definitely go with just about everything I own.
Sundresses, sundresses, sundresses! I can’t get enough of them. They can be super casual such as a tee-shirt dress or they could be a day-to-night dress by adding the right shoes and accessories.
Maxi-dresses/Skirts are perfect for the exact same reason as stated above. One of my favorites are the versatile ones that can be a dress or a skirt.
These are just a few of the twice-as-long list of some of my necessities for a stylish summer. What are some of yours?
Follow me on social media: Twitter|Instagram|Pinterest
It’s almost that time of year again: School Time! While I do admit I love going back to school, I must say I’m dreading this year solely because it will be my last first day of school EVER (Shoutout to all my fellow college seniors! Whoop whoop!) With the school year, rapidly approaching, I thought I’d share some of my back to school must-haves for new and returning college students. There’s just something about brand new books, clean notebooks, and brand new pens that just fills me with so much excitement for the upcoming year!
So, without further ado, here are my essentials for the upcoming school year:
- Simulateously cute and durable backpack or tote bag (or both!)- In my case, three days of the week I only have one class during which I’ll most-likely be using my Michael Kors tote, however, I am on campus all day for the other two days which means I’ll have a lot more to carry around. I bought this particular backpack from PB Teen my freshman year so it has held up extremely well compared to those I’ve used in the past.
- Agenda– If you’re constantly on the go and are balancing school, work, and extracurricular activities, you definitely need to keep your everyday activities on-track with a planner. My personal favorite is Lilly Pulitzer‘s jumbo agenda which I purchased for this year in the print Red Right Turn; not only does it allow a large space for recording daily tasks, but it provides a fun travel list section, as well as colorful patterns.
- Durable Water Bottle– For obvious reasons, it’s important to stay hydrated during long lectures. I depend on my Camelbak Eddy to not leak nor crack while toting it from class to dance during my busy days.
- Pencil Case/School Supplies– As aforementioned, I love school supplies, especially of the cute variety. I carry my necessary supplies around in an adorable cream and gold polka dot Kate Spade pencil case purchased at Paper Source. A few of my preferred supplies includes Sharpie fine-point pens, Bic velocity pencils, Sharpie highlighters (in multiple colors), and post-it notes.
- Notebooks or a Reliable Laptop– While I am a huge fan of modern technology, I prefer to take my notes with the old-fashioned pen and paper. I’ve discovered through trial and error that I am more susceptible to remembering my notes if I hand-write them.
While these are just a few of my many essentials, I hope this gives you an idea of items that will help you survive your next school year. Best of luck to everyone returning to school!