As promised, here is the second and final part to last week’s prompt of 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind from where I left off (26 on the actual list)!
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Lose all of my old memories
- Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes, but I feel as though it really depends on the situation
- Has your greatest fear ever come true? No, thank God!
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it matter now? No and no
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? Experiencing Disney World for the first time at the age of 5, I always heard the hype about it and wanted to be a Disney princess myself so being able to actually be in the middle of all of the magic with my family really made it so special. It was even more awe-inspiring when I went back at the age of 17 with my family and the magic was still there. It truly is the happiest place on earth!
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? I feel most passionate and alive whenever I have a challenge placed in front of me in which I tend to doubt my abilities, and come out of it successful and proving to myself that I am able to overcome anything I set my mind to.
- If not now, then when? Eventually
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, then what do you have to lose? Absolutely nothing to lose, but everything to gain
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you had the best conversation ever? No because I almost always have something to say!
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Ignorance, lack of tolerance, and I think a lot of it is based on where they were from and how they were raised; If they were raised with violence and destruction as the only answer to problems, then that’s all that they know and understand.
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Yes
- If you just won a million dollars would you quit your job? LOL no
- Would you rather have less work to do or more work that you actually enjoy doing? More work that I enjoy doing
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? No
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Honestly, I’m not too sure; I’ve never really been completely in the dark about something yet.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow was going to die today, who would you visit? What kind of morbid question is this? Really? You expect me to actually make a decision?
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? Absolutely not
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Being alive is simply going through everyday motions and just existing while truly living is doing everything you want to do, making a name for yourself, going out into the world and doing something to change someone’s life.
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just go ahead and do what you know is right? Now
- If we learn from our mistakes, then why are we so afraid to make mistakes? I don’t think we are afraid of making the mistake itself, but the result of making the mistake and what might happen because of it.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I’d go with my gut and do what I want in any and all cases without thinking of possible repercussions from those closest to me who’s opinions actually matter to me.
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Yesterday when I noticed my asthma was acting up.
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? Spending time with loved ones and writing; I believe that I try to do everything with love so I hope that through my blog and the smallest interactions with those closest to me that my love is expressed.
- In 5 years from now will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? No and no
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself or are you letting others make them for you? I’m making them for myself.
Well that’s all she wrote, folks! Stay tuned for the next post and happy finals week!
In lieu of the impending end of the semester and negativity that tends to surround it, I thought I would do something a little different this week. In my post 101 Goals, I mentioned wanting to answer the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind a post by Marc Chernoff, a list of questions that give you a different, more positive outlook on various aspects of life. While 50 is quite a bit to do in one sitting, we will make this part one of a two part series of inspirational Whimsical Wednesdays. So, without further ado, here are my answers to these questions.
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? If I had the choice, I’d be in my mid-twenties
- Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never trying- at least you learn a valuable lesson if you fail.
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like, and like so many things that we don’t do? I think that people prioritize things that they feel as though they have to do rather than things that they want to do because it’s something that society has engraved in our minds.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? I sure hope not, but usually if I say I’m going to do something or something needs to be changed, I’m proactive about it.
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? An end to terrorism and oppression, life is tough enough as it is, why make it harder for others?
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Writing, writing a lot
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you’re doing? Currently, I’m doing what I believe in, and I intend on continuing to do so
- If the average human lifespan was 40 years how would you live your life differently? I have a lot of goals in life and a long list of things I’d like to accomplish so I would probably be more proactive sooner rather than later.
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I’ve controlled the vast majority of it thus far; I tend to be a bit of a control freak and extremely type-A.
- Are you more worried about doing things right or doing the right thing? Both, I worry way more than I should.
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I defend that friend regardless of the situation.
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Don’t wish time away, enjoy every moment.
- Would you break the law to save a loved one? Depends on the situation, but, most likely, yes.
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Yes, just check out any modern art museum
- What’s something you know you do differently than other people? Sleep with the fan on even in the dead of winter
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because everyone has different opinions, personalities, etc.;
- What one thing you have not done that you would really like to do? What is holding you back? I want to travel to Europe. Lack of money.
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Yes
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you live in, where would you move and why? I would probably move to Maryland or Massachusetts, I just think it’s so beautiful out that way and I would still have the four seasons like Michigan.
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe that it makes the elevator go faster? No and no
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyous simpleton
- Why are you, you? Because only I have had the life experiences that happened in such a way that they shaped me to be the stubborn, driven individual I am today.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Absolutely
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives near you? Losing touch with a friend who lives near you
- What are you most grateful for? The unconditional love and support from my family and friends
If you’ve participated in answering these questions feel free to post the link below; I’d love to see what you have to say!
Graduation// This past week I applied for college graduation this spring. It didn’t hit me until I was laying in bed that night and was pondering what I’m doing with my life after school. I actually cannot believe how fast these last four years have flown by, and, to be completely honest, I don’t know that I’m entirely ready to grow up.
Tropical Smoothie Café// Yesterday I finally stopped in to see what all of the hype was about, and I must say, I didn’t hate it. I highly recommend going to check out the sweet nectar of the gods for yourself because it’s pretty fantastic if you ask me. For my first go, I tried Sunrise Sunset (strawberries, pineapple, mango, and orange juice), but I definitely want to try pretty much everything on the menu. I’m sure this will end up becoming a new addiction!
Dragonfly In Amber// I’m almost finished with the second book of the Outlander book series, and I’m dying for the next season to premier on television. I seriously think I’m having withdrawals.
Script Handwriting// For some odd reason, I’ve grown slightly obsessive over my handwriting and often find myself attempting to imitate the various script fonts I find on Tumblr and Pinterest.
Boyfriend// Anyone who knows me knows that I am a military girlfriend, and I’m so elated that my boyfriend will finally be home in a few days after being away for six long months!! I apologize in advance if I go on a slight hiatus while he’s home!!
DNCE// Joe Jonas is back, ladies and gents, with a new band and new sound. I barely recognized his voice when I heard their first hit Cake By the Ocean. I cannot stop listening to this extremely danceable song!
That’s all for this week. Have a super fab weekend!